New York cheesecake is one of the most popular dessert in North America.When I moved from Italy 12 years ago I had no idea what it was and then one day my husband express me the desire to eat an homemade cheesecake.This is now one of my family favorite dessert.
Ingredients for the base:
- 150 grams butter
- 2 tablespoon sugar brown
- 250 grams Digestive cookies
For the filling:
- the juice of 1/2 lemon
- 100 grams sugar
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 2 whole+1 egg yolk
- 20 grams corn starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 600 grams Philadelphia cream cheese
For the topping:
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 200 ml sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- small box of strawberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 juice of lemon (even less)
- 1 pinch of salt
- a sprinkle of love
- Crush the cookies very fine in a food processor with the brown sugar.
- Melt the butter in a pan or in microwave,put the cookies in bowl add the butter,mixing all together with a wooden spoon.
- Get your 9-inch pan, grease it very well with butter.Cut out some small piece of parchment paper and put it around your pan.
- Pour the cookies mixture on the bottom pressing evenly with a spoon or with your hands.Place the cake in the fridge for 1 hour or 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 350; bring a bowl put the eggs,the sugar and the vanilla and whisk until the mixture is nice and smooth. Add the Philadelphia mix until is nice and smooth. While you are stirring add the lemon juice,the corn starch a pinch of salt,and the heavy cream, don’t forget the sprinkle of love.
- Pour the filling in your cake pan spread it out and bake for 30 minutes at 350 the lower at 320 and cook for 30/40 minutes..check once an a while that does get too brown, ifit does so cover with aluminium paper.
- When the cake is ready leave for 30 minutes in the oven off with the door a little bit open
- When the cheesecake is cold mix the sour cream with 2 tablespoon of sugar and the vanilla;pour the mixture over the cheesecake and spread it out nicely.Now put your cheesecake in the oven for 5 minutes so it can glaze nicely.When you are done put it in the fridge for at least 5 hours the best is let it sit overnight like I did.
- Put all the ingredients in a sauce pan over a medium/low heat for 10 minutes and stir gently until sugar dissolves and the fruit is soft. Remove from the heat let it cool then blend everything, when it is nice and cold put it on top of your cheesecake,use some strawberry to decorate it like I did.
- Buon Appetito