I love pumpkin season and I love to cook it in all different way.
Last week it was a rainy, cold night so I decided to make creamy pumpkin soup, my family loved it and I hope yours does too. This recipe is very easy, from an Italian blog Giallo Zafferano, and I really hope you will try it out!
If you make a big batch you can freeze it, perfect for those crazy nights.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 750 grams of pumpkin
- 200 grams potatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 500 ml broth
- salt – teaspoon or more
- a sprinkle of love
- Peel of the skin from your pumpkin, scoop out the seeds and cut it in cubes.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in cubes too. In a frying pan put some oil and stir fry the onion that you have previously cut in small pieces. Add the pumpkin and potatoes and stir fry for few minutes.
- Add the broth and some salt. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are very soft. Put everything in a blender or hand blender.
- Voila your soup is ready.
- You can serve it with some breadcrumbs and it’s easily freezable.
- Buon appetito.
A lighter variant of tiramisu without eggs, perfect for people that have an allergy and don’t like raw eggs.
This dessert is amazing either way, perfect if you have people over or for after dinner.
- 300 grams savoiardi cookies or ladyfingers
- 250 grams mascarpone cheese
- 100 grams sugar
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 30 grams cocoa
- 350 ml coffee
- 50 ml milk or a splash of your favorite alcohol (I use Baileys or Kahlua).
- a sprinkle of love
- In a bowl mix mascarpone with sugar.
- Add the whipped cream and gently mix everything together until is very creamy and smooth.
- Make the coffee, pour it in a deep plate, add the milk or alcohol, dip the cookies in the warm coffee both sides for few seconds.
- Put the cookies in the dish, this will be the base of the tiramisu.
- Spread over half of the mascarpone cream and sprinkle with some cocoa and chocolate flakes.
- Cover with another layer of cookies dipped in coffee.
- Now spread the other half of the mascarpone cream.
- Level everything and sprinkle some cocoa and put it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Buon Appetito