I love pumpkin season and I love to cook it in all different way.
Last week it was a rainy, cold night so I decided to make creamy pumpkin soup, my family loved it and I hope yours does too. This recipe is very easy, from an Italian blog Giallo Zafferano, and I really hope you will try it out!
If you make a big batch you can freeze it, perfect for those crazy nights.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 750 grams of pumpkin
- 200 grams potatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 500 ml broth
- salt – teaspoon or more
- a sprinkle of love
- Peel of the skin from your pumpkin, scoop out the seeds and cut it in cubes.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in cubes too. In a frying pan put some oil and stir fry the onion that you have previously cut in small pieces. Add the pumpkin and potatoes and stir fry for few minutes.
- Add the broth and some salt. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are very soft. Put everything in a blender or hand blender.
- Voila your soup is ready.
- You can serve it with some breadcrumbs and it’s easily freezable.
- Buon appetito.