Yesterday Italy bet Spain on the Euro 2016, to honor that I decided to make one of the most simple and delicious salad in the Italian Cuisine: the Caprese Salad. The colors honor the Italian flag, red, white and green.
In Italy its usually served like antipasto or side dish, its a perfect dish for hot summer day.To make this dish delicious I suggest you to use a good Oil Extra Virgin and a good mozzarella, the one in the water, that you easily find in the regular super market. Follow this recipe and challenge your self, make it for your family and friends.Most of the time the more the dish is simple the better…this is my Mantra.
- 1 mozzarella or bocconcini
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- Oil Extra Virgin
- Balsamic Vinegar if you like
- a sprinkle of love, never forget that
- Wash your tomatoes, dry them out.With a small knife cut out the small green part and then cut them out in the length side.Your slices has to be more or less than 1 cm.Do the same thing for the mozzarella.
- Get a nice serving plate and put the tomatoes in a circle way, like I did in the picture, put the mozzarella slices on top and at the end the basil leaves.
- Now you sprinkle some love, the EVO, salt and if you like Balsamic Vinegar! I usually add some balsamic but this time I ran out, if you add it you will have a nice vinaigrette perfect for a nice “scarpetta”/ deeping bread.
- Buon Appetito
Tagged: caprese salad tomato mozzarella