It has been so long since my last post on my blog. Sometime is difficult to be a full time mom, wife, chef, Social Media expertise, photographer, taxi driver, school volunteer.What I really would like to do is just COOK. Behind every classes there is so much work, the prep time sometime is more hard then the 2 /3 hours of teaching.
I like what I do, I like to teach, share my Italian heritage and inspire people to cook real healthy food. Food brings people together, in the kitchen you can build the best precious memories.
Here some pictures of the 8 weeks Cooking course that I had in my kitchen in October and November! It was so much fun, I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to do what I do.
Have you ever tasted REAL fresh pasta in Italy? Maybe with a glass of vino while you indulge your sense in a Creamy Carbonara or in a spicy Amatriciana or again in a rich Bolognese sauce! Lucky you, you don’t have to go to Italy for that but just need to sign-up to the Authentic Fresh Pasta Workshop taught by Mamma Marzia, the Queen of the pasta.
The workshop are usually 2/3 hour long and you will learn:
- the basic of making fresh pasta like choosing the right ingredients, how to mix them, kneading the dough and why it has to rest.
- how to roll the dough and how to create fresh tagliatelle, spaghetti, hand rolled pappardelle and many other cuts
- how to make 4 different Italian sauce like Carbonara, Amatriciana, Bolognese sauce/ meat sauce and whipping cream, ham and peas sauce.
The next Fresh pasta workshop is Wednesday Nov 9 at 7 pm and we are making Eggless Pasta to register message me at email@example.com. Come with a friend to enjoy a full immersion Italian Night with lots of good food, drink and funny story.
What an honour to be nominated from the Langley Chamber ” Entrepreneur of the Year”.
I didn’t win, but I was so proud to be there! Who knew, seriously!
I start this small homebase business 3 years ago. 3 years ago,while I was hosting one of my first class, I had a vision!
This vision was me cooking in a big kitchen surrounded by wonderful peoples that want to make a difference in their life bringing the homemade back to the dinner table! After 3 years I don’t have a big kitchen yet but Im surrounded by wonderful peoples that want to learn how to make real, good food!
Im so proud of my self and Im truly thankful for each one of you, this plaque is for you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I m lucky enough to have a friend that she is a stunning photographer! I truly think she is the best, every time she takes pictures of me I fall in love! Here some pictures that she took last week in my kitchen! I m a food styling lover so I had fun put the color together and set up the table! I really happy how turned out, all the colors are blending together.Let me know what do you think and check my friend Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/JenniferReimerPhotography/?fref=ts
Caramel Lemon Syrup Recipe.Caramel is a sauce that has the same consistency of honey. It is made with sugar, water and lemon! It can be use for: French toast, pancake, ice-cream topping, whatever you like. It s very delicious, I used it the other day on top of my Panna Cotta, my student at my cooking class were very happy of the result.
• 250 grams of sugar
• 175 grams lemon juice
• 5 grams lemon zest
• A sprinkle of salt
• A sprinkle of love
• Bring a pot and warm it up on a medium heat. When it’s warm add 2 tablespoon of sugar and wait until it dissolve.
• When the sugar is dissolved mix it with a wooden spoon and add the rest of the sugar and let it melt without mixing. It had to melt by itself. It’s very important.
• In the meantime, warm up the lemon juice in the microwave or on another pot. Add the warm juice at the sugar completely dissolved. When you do this operation be very careful at the hot steam which will produce. Let it boil now for just one minute and turn the heat off and move the pot away from the stove. Keep mixing for few minutes until all the sugar is dissolved and add the salt and the lemon zest. Mix again for few minutes. Your lemon caramel is ready for your dessert. Note: use a tall pot to make the caramel.
• Buon Appetito.